Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Smith Journal: Man's Answer to Frankie.

I pride myself in being an avid reader of Frankie Magazine. What's not to love? Endless stories about real people with uniquely inspiring lives, creatively designed trinkets discovered from the depths of the world wide web, and most importantly a perspective of the world from every quirky angle. Proud to be different. So how excited was I to find out frankie press were releasing an equally as quirksome journal designed to share the uniquely intriguing elements of our world in one simple magazine? So excited that I ordered the first issue of Smith Journal asap...



Admittedly, this magazine is targeted for men, but I was intrigued and finally impressed with the not-too-shabby first edition of the magazine. It is everything I love in a good magazine. A little taste of word-play always goes down smooth with me and my favorite article by far has to be Jo Walkers 'chew the fat', a guide to everyday's nautical slang and the history of it all. Call me a nerd, but this is exactly the quirky types of conversation I love to add randomly to everyday life. Ever know why they're called hookers? Want to know what the hell chock-a-block really means? I'm assuming we all know what they mean, but try explaining it to someone who's lived in a cave the past century.

Smith has impressed me, but can they keep it up? I think they've got a good shot. I dare any man to pick up this journal and put it down without a hint of inspiration or wisdom attained, even for a moment. I dare them to pick it up and acknowledge the immense amount of substance behind each and every story. We all know you men have just been jealous of our ability as women to pick up a Frankie magazine and read it till days end. And I know you knowledgeable, insightful men out there are just a little bit pleased and delighted at this new bi-annual read.

Let it charm you, it won't disappoint.

Stay Peachy.

No comments:

Post a Comment